Thursday, November 13, 2008

Service Opportunity

I have a service opportunity for our Life Group if y'all are interested. The SWLA Bar Association has a Holiday Helping Hands project where they ask area schools for a list of children that would not otherwise receive presents at Christmas. Each sponsor is given the name, school & age of the child to shop for and the sponsor buys them Christmas presents. I talked to the girl in charge of the project today and there are less sponsors than needy children this year. I thought our group might want to sign up to sponsor a child to shop for. Comment back and let me know what you think about this idea. I need to let her know in the next few days whether we can help or not.

2 comments:

Ryan and Kelley said...

Sounds good to me...what are they looking for folks to do?

Stephanie Hankins said...

They will assign us a child that we will buy gifts for.