Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksiving Challenge

My daily devo today was about giving thanks in all we do and it showed research that proves people who give thanks are healthier and happier individuals. They gave a challenge to start a gratitude journal. At the end of each day between now and Christmas, take a few minutes to jot down 3-5 things you are thankful for. Keep the notebook and pencil by your bed. Your list can include “big” things like good health, or “little” things like pansies in bloom. Give thanks to God for all of these.

I know I overlook so many things that I have to be thankful for and could benefit from this exercise. I challenge each of you, being Thanksgiving week, to look around and recognize all that we have to be thankful for. Maybe on Sunday night we can bring our lists & share something that you are thankful for that you hadn't taken the time to realize until this week. Remember to thank our creator for these blessings.

JD & I are thankful for our life group and the influence each one of you has had on our lives. Hope you all have a blessed week!

No comments: